Frequently Asked Questions
1. What services does Pearlized Mathematics Consulting (PMC) offer?
PMC offers a Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) based math curriculum with professional development (CPE credit) for Kinder & 1st grade educators in Texas school districts.
2. When is the professional development conducted?
Professional development for each curriculum grade level is conducted by a PMC consultant, prior to each six weeks grading period (August through April), at the hosting school district's training site, with a maximum of 30 participants per session.
3. How is the professional development conducted?
A curriculum document and manipulatives (provided by the contracting district) will be required per participant, for use during the training, as this is a hands-on, comprehensive structured program, with emphasis on our grade level TEKS, and vertically aligned to the State of Texas Assessment of Academic Readiness (STAAR). A list of materials required at each training session is included as the first page on the curriculum documents per six weeks.
4. Is there a curriculum sample available for interested school districts?
Yes, a grade level sample packet is available as per district request.
5. Does each grade level curriculum include assessments?
Yes, there are weekly assessments and six weeks benchmarks included.
6. What is needed from a school district to contract the PMC curriculum and professional development?
Interested Texas school districts may request a proposal for review. Once the district approves the proposal, notify PMC so that a PMC Service Contract & License Agreement is submitted to the district for review and approval. The PMC Service Contract & License Agreement must be completed and submitted (annually) to PMC prior to conducting the professional development.
7. Can several districts join a hosting district?
Yes, several Texas school districts may join a hosting district with up to a maximum of 30 participants. The hosting district must complete and submit an approved PMC Service Contract & License Agreement. Each joining district must complete and submit a PMC License Agreement prior to joining the hosting district. The PMC License Agreement must be submitted to PMC prior to the 1st six weeks training is conducted.
8. Who does an interested school district contact for more information?
Contact information is: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 956-451-9202