PEARLIZED MATHEMATICS CURRICULUM
KINDERGARTEN & 1st GRADE
The purpose of the PEARLIZED MATHEMATICS CURRICULUM is to provide strong, well rounded, language-enriched mathematics foundations in KINDERGARTEN & GRADE 1, as set forth in the TEXAS ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS (TEKS).
Emphasis throughout the curriculum consists of:
· Thorough, conceptual development of mathematics skills,
· A hands-on approach to problem solving, as mandated by the State of Texas criteria.
· Vertical alignment to the STATE OF TEXAS ASSESSMENT OF ACADEMIC READINESS (STAAR) is clearly noted in the components addressed per grade level:
- KINDERGARTEN: Number & Operation Applications, Concepts, Enrichment, and Skills;
- 1st GRADE: Facts & Applications, Concepts, and Enrichment.
The PEARLIZED MATHEMATICS CURRICULUM is a structured, comprehensive program which provides daily lessons in English, and black-line masters available in Spanish, with a variety of tools to explicitly develop foundations in mathematics. Children will be actively involved in:
- Acting out problem situations.
It is evident; however, that understanding takes time. Children need that time utilized through multiple opportunities and experiences in a wide variety of contexts to construct the most effective means in acquiring that knowledge and understanding. The components set forth in the PEARLIZED MATHEMATICS CURRICULUM will, undoubtedly, provide that "prime--ary" foundation for our children.
MORE SUCCESSFUL, CONFIDENT CHILDREN AND TEACHERS!!
A child will not only become more confident with mathematics, but will discover their overall unique potential - academically and socially as well.